Exotic taste of the book | Marsha Mehran "Pomegranate Soup"




Author: Marsha Mehran
Title: Pomegranate Soup

Yesterday I published a new review in Polish. I wrote about Rosewater and Soda Bread, a book written by Marsha Mehran. I planned to post a note about that novel in English this week, but I also wanted to add something about Pomegranate Soup, which is the first part of that story. 



Pomegranate Soup is a novel about three sisters - Mardżan, Bahar and Lejla. They ran away from their country and found a place to live in Irish town called Ballinacroagh where they set up a restaurant. At the beginning inhabitants were not so happy to see them, but finally Aminpur sisters found firends. What's more... People started to visiting Café Babylon regulary tempted by the smell and taste of exotic dishes. 



The situation isn't easy and the fight of finding their own place in Ballinacroagh society and good future put sisters to the test. I read Pomegranate Soup really fast. Marsha Mehran choosed a difficoult topic, but she didnt forget about the right dose of humor. In the book we can find not only an interestin plot, but also 11 recipes for dishes served in Café Babylon.



I was really interested in taste of gusz-e fil and I tried to prepare it. I'm not a big fan of spending time in the kitchen, but I can honestly write that I can do it for that taste! The recipe is easy... Preparing is a little laborious, but don't worry about that! Gusz-e fil is worth it! At the end of that post I'll add a few photos of that incredible cookies. 



Summarising... Pomegranate Soup is a novel wiht a good climate. I like it because of rather difficult everyday life which was shown and because that book is teaching that it is not worth to use stereotypes.  







Komentarze

Popularne posty