Let's come back to Café Babylon | Marsha Mehran "Rosewater and Soda Bread"


Author: Marsha Mehran
Title: Rosewater and Soda Bread 

Do you want know what happened after Pomegranate Soup? Explore next part of Aminpur sisters story? Learn new recipes? Rosewater and Soda Bread is a second Marsha Mehran's book in which author is letting us come back to Ballinacroagh and meet Mardżan, Bahar and Lejla again.

To be clear Rosewater and Soda Bread is telling much more about two older sisters. Mardżan is still hard-working one. She want to save Café Babylon succes and make the restaurant even better. She can't forget about old scars, but she's trying to involve in a new relationship with English writer. Bahar is thinking about changing her religion and Lejla, the youngest one, still attend her classes. She's only waiting for weekends when Malachy is coming back home from university.

Rosewater and Soda Bread is a funny and heart-warming story, in which we can find a difficult, but important topics including tolerance, as well. I though - even when I was reading Pomegranate Soup - that this book will be filled with references to Iran and Iranian history and culture. I found only cooking inspirations in both novels, but it doesn't mean I don't like it. I read that stories really fast and I spent a lot of nice time with it. 

If I wrote about cooking I probably should add a few words more about it. I'm not cooking master and I wouldn't be in a future for sure. That's not my passion. As I wrote, after reading Pomegranate Soup I tried gusz-e fil and I fell in love with that taste. Some time ago I ate baklava with my friends and I think it's awesome so as you can guess I'll try another recipe from the first Mehran's novel. (Please, keep your fingers crossed because this one is a little complicated).

What about Rosewater and Soda Bread's recipes? I'll do adżil for sure. It's not difficoult. (Really). I think it can be interesting mix of tastes so I'll buy everything I need and I hope I like it. What's more, in that novel we can find another cookie recipe as well and there's one interesting dinner dish called tahczin, which is definitely something for ambitious people. But maybe it's time for cooking challenge? (Or it's time to find someone who like cooking...XD).

At the end, I can just recommend Rosewater and Soda Bread. It's a pity it's the end of Café Babylon's story for me. I'll write a note about dishes from book if I try them and I have the last Marsha Mehran's novel in house so I'm sure I'll come back to that talented author topic here.

Komentarze

Popularne posty