To steal the centimeters | "Five Feet Apart"


The text contains a few spoilers


Five Feet Apart... The movie that makes me came back to work even if I decided that it's time to end up my adventure with reviewing (even if it'll be only one note, but... Who knows...).

The picture is telling the story about Stella and Will, the teenagers who suffer becuause of cystic fibrosis. For their own safety they have to keep distance 180 centimeters which is not that easy especially when their relationship is becoming something more than friendship. Stella, despite the fact she needs to has everything under controll and following rules of treatment is really important to her, is deciding to make the distance shorter - she's turning six feet into five.

Last time the motive of diseases becomes a little popular - especially in the young adult novels. Probably the plot idea can looks a little similar to for example The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and it's film adaptation, but I have to admit, that I wasn't following that claim before the movie and after watching Five Feet Apart I'm even more against thinking like that.


I don't like YA novels and I wrote about it here often (probably too often), but Five Feet Apart really moved me. During the movie I didn't analyse the scenes about the naivety even once and what's more the story makes me feel deeply every emotion. I've never cried a few times watching one film.

I think the main reason of all of my emotions was the message of the movie and reflection that came right after - if we appreciate the fact of presence of the other person, that she/he is with us, next to us, we can talk with her/him, touch her/him. The scene when Will couldn't hug Stella even if she needed it so bad was really frustrating. Noone think how far to sit to not to be dangerous for the loved one. We're holding hands against taking them back to not to infect our partners. Without the ban, the barier that makes it impossible, everything looks so natural and obvious. But it's not. And not only disease can take it away from us. 

Leaving the plot topic - I don't really want to do that - I think the choice of the cast was really good. Both of the creations - Cole Sprouse's and Haley Lu Richardson's were so suitable and I have to say I'm a huge fan of the way in which Cole is playing with his voice. It makes Will much more expressive, even if at the beginning of the movie the character present bad attitude to everything around. Also Moises Arias as Poe, Stella's friend and later Will's as well was great. The character was funny, but not overplayed which could happened with the bad acting in some scenes.

Sountrack was delicate, and not pathetic, but I have to admit I was so concentarted at the story that I had to listen to it before I started writing the review.

What can I write? I recommend! Maybe you wouldn't like it and you'll think I'm so sentimental, but maybe after the movie you'll have to  go for the walk to calm your thoughts like me.





Komentarze

Popularne posty