The final | Carlos Ruiz Zafón "The Labirynth of Spirits"




Autor: Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Tytuł: The Labirynth of Spirits (El Laberinto de los Espiritus)


I still remember the day when I bought The Shadow of the Wind. I was at the trip in my secondary school. Me and my friends decided to go to the bookstore and that's how the story started. We were in the mountains so I really "needed to" lift the book in my backpack, but it was totally worth.

The Shadow of the Wind charmed me - as same as The Angel's Game and The Prisoner of Heaven. I was (and I think I am) fascinated by The Cemetery of Forgotten Books series so the information about the publication of The Labirynth of Spirits was a giant and magnificent suprise for me. I was waiting to come back to my favourite characters and read about the new adventures of Daniel and Fermin.







The Labirynth of Spirits is a... Huge book and I think it's an advantage. The novel is written in a way that don't makes reader bored. I hadn't got a lot of time to read this book so it took me some time, but when I ended it I felt like the story was so short. Fast action, new characters, old and new points of the plot... It all makes the novel really dynamic.


Zafón's book is a final of the story which have it's start at the pages of The Shadow of the Wind. At the beginning I hoped I'll learn somethin new about my favourite characters, but then I've met Alicia Gris. She was eccentric, unconventional and mysterious... I think she fits the book.






The author filled the final of the series with a big number of plots, he ended a lot of open stories - including stories which looks like ended - and let us know some new facts about all of the characters. It's a pity Zafón didn't write something more about Julian Sempere, but probably if he did I would write here something similar about Julian's childrens.


In The Labirynth of Spirits we can find a lot of photos. I love them. I think that these photos are great completion of the book. I can't say that I expect enging like that. I thought it'll be somtehing a litte different - in the main point I thought that author'll write more about Daniel's family. It doesn't mean I don't like it. Maybe it was suprise, but definitely a good one.





I'm sure it's easy to guess that I'd like to write that The Labirynth of Spirits is worth to read. I really like the way The Cemetery of Forgotten Books series was written. We can choose the books in any order and they'll always be logical, but... I suggest to read The Labirynth of Sprits at the end. Let the final be the final ;)


Komentarze

Popularne posty